Re: Problem with HTB bandwidth slicing when using TCP traffic

Slavica Tomovic wrote:
Thank you Andy!

I had changed limit values and that solved the problem.

However, I did it  by typing command like this for each created
queue:

tc qdisc add dev eth0 parent 1:10 handle 20: pfifo limit 10

Is there some command with which I can change default limit size so
that I don't have to this every time I create class?

I guess you could change the txqlen on eth0 before setting up the htb,
but I would just make a script and use qdiscs.

limit 10 may be a bit short, also you could consider other qdiscs to
pfifo eg. if you wanted some fairness between flows you could use sfq or
fq_codel.

sfq defaults would be fine fq_codel may need some parameters tweaking
for lower bit rates, though I haven't properly tested it yet, just
guessing from what man tc-fq_codel says.