RE: Tc does not seem to be limiting bandwidth

On Mon, 2013-02-04 at 18:11 -0600, Neil Aggarwal wrote:
> Andrew:
>
> > Can you post your rules that are/aren't working please?
>
> Here are the rules I am using.  They throttle the bandwidth into
> the VPS just fine, but they are not working to throttle the bandwidth
> out of the VPS:
>
>         IP=a.b.c.d
>         DEV=v1208
>         /sbin/tc qdisc del dev $DEV root
>         /sbin/tc qdisc add dev $DEV root handle 1: htb default 30
>         /sbin/tc class add dev $DEV parent 1: classid 1:1 htb rate 500kbit
>         /sbin/tc class add dev $DEV parent 1: classid 1:2 htb rate 500kbit
>         /sbin/tc filter add dev $DEV protocol ip parent 1:0 prio 1 u32 match ip dst $IP flowid 1:1
>         /sbin/tc filter add dev $DEV protocol ip parent 1:0 prio 1 u32 match ip src $IP flowid 1:2

Assuming that these are your only rules, these will be doing the egress
from device v1208, which I am assuming is the upload for the VPS.

If that is the case, you'll need an ingress for the download. The
following page has an example:

http://blog.stevedoria.net/20050906/ingress-policing-with-linux-and-tc