traffic shaping on per-host base

Hello list,

I have already successfully used tc for traffic shaping on a per-service base. However, my new setup is a bit different:

Using a (e.g.) 100Mbit connection, I would like to limit a set of hosts to a certain bandwidth (e.g. 1Mbit per host) - but EACH host should be able to use 1 Mbit/s (rather than sharing 1 Mbit with other hosts). Would that be possible with tc? Do I have to create one queue per host with a limit of 1MBit/s and a match filter for the client's ip address? If that is a the case, how many queues can I create? Would it impose a problem for a system to handle e.g. 500 or even 10.000 queues at the same time? I wasn't able to find many information on this specific topic - so any hints would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

--
Mit freundlichen Grüßen / with kind regards
  Rudolph Bott