Re: Hardware Requirements for qdisc htb/sfq

Shane McKinley wrote:
I have been searching everywhere for some kind of guidelines, but I see
none. If anyone could give me a round about answer that would point me
in the right direction I would be obliged.

This is what I have been looking at:

2.0GHz Dual-Core Xeon, 4GB 667MGz RAM, 2x1Gbit Network Interfaces.

Is this overkill?

Speed normally seen in PPS. The 7200 routes approx 1M PPS. I ran our own routing and classification s/w on a AMD Opteron 2Ghz, 1GB RAM and got 1.1M PPS. Linux Kernel gave approx 700K PPS.

IMHO your h/w is way oversized but why not? H/w is cheap nowadays.

Mohan