Re: HFSC and that ATM overhead problem (Another VOIP QoS post. Ahhhh)

On Sun, 4 Nov 2007 12:46:37 +0000
Gustavo Homem <gustavo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I don't use Shorewall, but rather an iptables script which works for
> most scenarios:
No disrespect, but that sounds too scary for me.  I feel more
comfortable if something like Shorewall is holding my hand.
> That is, start with the value the modem is synchronized for, fill the
> line with the average traffic you expect and lower the values until
> is OK. As you lower the upstream value you will find increasingly
> better latency values (try with ping + voip app).
Thanks for the explanation.
> doesn't scale for using across multiple systems of
> different versions.
I didn't understand that bit.  What are the "systems" and "versions"?

Regards

Fog_Watch.

--
Lose wait.  Get Gentoo.