network question

Hi all

I have following network question and want you to help

1/ I got the "RX FCSErrors  6" from switch. (router ---link--switch----host). how can I determine it is host issue or router issue?

2/ when I use my linux as router with iptables, do i need to set 0=net.ipv4.tcp_timestamps
What parameters in kernel i need to set in linux router to have good performance in router?

3/ what is the best way to capture data for audit later as I sometimes  get bandwidth drop in mrtg graph? now I only capture load from top, netstat -i every minutes in cronjob.

Thank you for  your help