Re: using HTB with thousands of classes

Hi,

>Does anyone have experience with using HTB to shape traffic for several
>thousands of users, each with a class of their own? The LARTC HOWTO has
>a section about setting up hashed filters to deal with "many" classes.
>Has anyone used that setup?

I'm using HTB to shape traffic generated by ~3000 users using hashing
filters. It works OK and is cpu conservative (thanks to hashing).

One thing is worth mentioting if you're going to update shaping config
more often. Load tc commands using "batch" option (-b) of tc binary
instead of sequential executions of tc binary. I'll load your config in
~30 seconds instead of couple of minutes.

I'm curious about one thing. What kind of hardware are you planning to
use for that router?

cheers,
Marek Kierdelewicz
KoBa ISP