Re: major packet loss with htb

Got a solution!

So the problem is, when you have enough rate specified, not all of it is used up, but still have shitty latency and packet loss for a class, is that the ISP screwed up.

Their device is either doing 25/10Mbit (dl/ul) instead of advertised 25/25Mbit or the router is simply coughing blood when more than 10Mbit is being uploaded (borked).

Simply said, there wasn't enough bandwidth to begin with. I was shaping outgoing bandwidth to 25Mbit, but that was as pointless as if I had shaped it to 50Mbit. There wasn't enough anyway.

Bringing it down to less than 10Mbit solved the problem. Next step is to make the ISP fix their shaping.

Regards,

--
Aleksander Kamenik
system administrator