Re: complete linux and shaping newbie needs help

> I tried this, but it doesn't seem to be making any change at all,
> unfortunately. I started a large download from ftp.kernel.org and it
> was still coming full steam ahead. I let it go on for a minute or two,
> hoping it would eventually start to be throttled, but no dice. Is
> there perhaps any iptables command that goes with it, or something?

I don't know. You can also limit with iptables, but should be ok with
this tc filter. Did the script run without errors after making the
changes? Can you check that the filter is really present with tc
filter show dev (your-device) and paste the result... Now that I
think, what device have you got configured in the script? It should be
eth0 (the cable modem).