Re: two providers.

On 8/16/07, Виталий Цховребов <mitnlag@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hello, people.

I read iptables tutorial and lartc, but i'm still confused with one
trouble.

May be this question was discussed already, so forward me solution, if
is.

So, there's a trouble.

I have debian etch linux. 2.6.18-4 kernel.

On this computer i have three interfaces: eth0 - my lan, eth1, eth2 -
providers.

By default all internet traffic routed through eth2. But i NEED to
route mail and icq (tcp110, tcp25, tcp5190) through eth1. How can i do that?

That is policy routing.

Is it a SNATed firewall? I use below script for a SNATed firewall where I have two links such as a Leasedline and a ADSL. I route web traffic (both HTTP and HTTPS -- port tcp 80 and tcp 443) via ADSL link.

YOU want to route mail and icq (tcp110, tcp25, tcp5190) through eth1. pls change your ports accordinly.

Pls replace gatewayipofprovider1, gatewayipofprovider2, ipofETH1 and ipofETH2 with yours.

by default, My firewall also routes trafic via eth2 (i.e- gatewayipofprovider1--- Leasedline or realiplink ) I route http and https traffic via eth1 (i.e- gatewayipofprovider2 --ADSL or adsllink ) .

in your case, it is the SAME.

below is the Script.

echo 210 realiplink >> /etc/iproute2/rt_tables
echo 211 adsllink >> /etc/iproute2/rt_tables

ip route add gatewayipofprovider1 dev eth2 table realiplink
ip route add default via gatewayipofprovider1 dev eth2 table realiplink

ip route add gatewayipofprovider2 dev eth1 table adsllink
ip route add default via gatewayipofprovider2 dev eth1 table adsllink

iptables -t mangle -A OUTPUT -p tcp -m multiport --dports 80,443 -j MARK --set-mark 1

ip rule add fwmark 1 pri 100 table adsllink

iptables -t nat -A POSTROUTING -o eth1 -j SNAT --to-source ipofETH1

echo 0 > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/conf/eth1/rp_filter

ip rule add from ipofETH2 pri 200 table realiplink
ip rule add from ipofETH1 pri 300 table adsllink

Then, issue below command to see routing tables

 ip rule list

PLS NOTE:

In the above script, I have marked OUTPUT trafic as 1. below is the command I have given

iptables -t mangle -A OUTPUT -p tcp -m multiport --dports 80,443 -j MARK --set-mark 1

the reason for that is the firewall is itself is a SQUID proxy server. But not a TRANSPARENT PROXY.
Just acts as a normal proxy. (i.e- I have configured client browsers with ip address and port 3128.)

 Try with the above script and see if it works. UNLESS it works, pls replace the above command with this.

iptables -t mangle -A PREROUTING -p tcp -m multiport --dports 80,443 -j MARK --set-mark 1

or

iptables -t mangle -A PREROUTING -i eth0 -p tcp -m multiport --dports 80,443 -j MARK --set-mark 1

try this nad be HAPPY

Thank you
Indunil Jayasooriya