From: Daniel Schaffrath <daniel.schaffrath@xxxxxxx>
Date: 21 July 2007 11:01:01 GMT+02:00
Subject: PFIFO to contain more pkts than allowed by TCP peer?

Hello everybody,

when the one and only connection originating my box is a TCP stream which is limited by the advertised window of my peer at - lets say - 47 pkts, I would expect 'tc -s qdisc show' to show at most 47 pkts in the pfifo of the appropriate device. Unfortunately, this is not the case. It's around 83 (twice as much??). Anyone any hints how come?

Thank you,
Daniel
-