Re: Question about removing memslots

On Thu, 2012-03-29 at 11:36 +0200, Avi Kivity wrote:
> > In any case, X seems to avoid it, maybe nobody does color expansion
> > nowadays (I suppose modern desktops don't, maybe using ancient X apps
> > might trigger that path). So no biggie. I'll have to fix KVM powerpc
> > dealing with memslot changes anyways.
> >
> > Thanks for your help,
> >

> As a workaround you can use -vga std or -vga qxl.  The latter will work
> even better when we have a kernel driver.

-vga std works fine, -vga qxl, I haven't tried on ppc yet at all...

The thing with cirrus is that it's the default in many cases (libvirt,
openstack, you name it it's there...) so it would be good to get it
working.

I already have fixes for the X driver (mostly some bugs where it stores
PCI physical addresses in 32-bit quantities) and I'm fixing cirrusfb now
but the later hits the color expansion path, so it looks like we'll have
to fix kvm/ppc to do the right thing there too :-)

Cheers,
Ben.