Re: [PULL 33/41] KVM: PPC: Book3S: Move KVM_REG_PPC_WORT to an unused register number

Il 30/05/2014 18:08, Alexander Graf ha scritto:
What happens if it returns EINVAL? Also, reset should certainly
try  to write all registers, what happens if one is missed.

If it returns EINVAL we just ignore the register.

I wonder if it's the right thing to do. You remember how you were bitten by less-than-sensible error handling in the x86 kvm_arch_put_registers.

Beyond the particular case of WORT, I'd just like to point out that
uapi/ changes need even more scrutiny from maintainers than usual.  I
don't know exactly what checks Linus makes in my pull requests, but
uapi/ is at the top of the list of things he might look at, right
after the diffstat. :)

Consider that ONE_REG as experimental flagged :). Really, I am as
concerned as you are on ABI breakages, but in this case it's not worth
it. I'm not even sure any guest uses WORT at all. Linux doesn't seem to.

Fair enough... for this time only!...

Paolo