Re: Preparing kvm/next for first pull request of 3.15 merge window

On 25 March 2014 10:29, Paolo Bonzini <pbonzini@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I've pushed the last set of updates to kvm/next for the 3.15 merge window.
> I don't expect any other changes for either x86 or s390 (thanks Christian!).
> The pull request is already pretty beefy.
>
> I would like to know from ARM and PPC maintainers *now* (before the merge
> window opens) what will be in 3.15.  Also, PPC guys, please make sure the
> pull requests will be based on commit e724f080f5dd (KVM: PPC: Book3S HV: Fix
> register usage when loading/saving VRSAVE, 2014-03-13).

I think the only thing Marc had was the cache patches which I see
you've already applied to next.  I only have a small cosmetic fix,
which I was waiting to compile together with something more
comprehensive before sending a pull request, so I'm not planning on
sending anything for this merge window.

We will also change to using a shared tree so you will only receive
pull request from *either* me *or* Marc following this merge window.

> Also, the pull requests I got in the last couple of months were a bit messy,
> and I'm already fearing that Linus notices.  In the future, I'll tag
> kvm-3.x-base (e.g. kvm-3.16-base) when I open kvm/next, and I will *reject*
> pull requests from submaintainers that include extra non-KVM commits without
> a very good reason.

We generally try to submit arm/arm64 core code directly to Russell/Catalin.

Thanks,
-Christoffer