Question about removing memslots

So I was chasing a bug today when I realized that some "drivers" in qemu
do interesting things with memory regions.

More specifically, cirrus emulation constantly flips the linear
framebuffer between being mapped into the guest and being emulated MMIO
(the latter for the purpose of image blits).

This made me ponder ... whenever a memslot is "removed" like that (in
the case for example where cirrus turns the fb into emulation), we need
to ensure that any cached translation that involve those GPAs are
flushed out of whatever caching (HW or SW) is done by the KVM arch
code...

So I started looking and the only thing I can find (let me know if I
missed something) is kvm_arch_flush_shadow(). Is that it ? Because it
doesn't take the memslot going away as an argument, so it doesn't know
-what- to flush...

Now I see that x86 just seems to flush everything, which is quite heavy
handed considering how often cirrus does it, but maybe it doesn't have a
choice (lack of reverse mapping from GPA ?).

I also noticed that powerpc ... doesn't do anything :-) Ooops....

So all translations still present in the TLB will remain there, all
translations present in the MMU hash table as well, etc...

Now, in order to implement that properly and efficiently, we would need
to at least get the GPA (if not the whole memslot).

Do you have any objection (provided I didn't completely misunderstand
something which is quite possible) to us adding that argument to
kvm_arch_flush_shadow() ? We can easily put in a small patch adding that
as an unused argument, and later get the proper implementation for
powerpc.

Another thing I noticed while at it is that my version of
__kvm_set_memory_region() appears to call kvm_iommu_map_pages() whenever
adding a memslot ... but never does the opposite unmapping when that
memory slot is removed.... isn't that potentially an issue ?

Cheers,
Ben.