Re: [patch] fix qemu-kvm to build when gdbstub is disabled

Avi Kivity wrote:
> Jan Kiszka wrote:
>>> In upstream.  Please fix it in upstream and qemu-kvm.git will get the
>>> fix from there.
>>>

>> Given that CONFIG_GDBSTUB is always true upstream, I tend to say:
>> Finally drop it upstream and keep this (or a more arch-local) workaround
>> for missing ia64 gdbstub support downstream.
>>

> I agree, unless
>
> - we want to make gdbstub support configurable (don't see any
> overwhelming reason for this, but maybe others do)
> - we want to merge ia64 kvm support upstream, and don't want to impose
> gdbstub support (though I'd recommend properly implementing gdbstub)
>
> In any case, I'm okay with dropping the check upstream and applying the
> local fixup.

The last ia64 tcg patch I saw one or two days ago was missing gdb
support, too (and may suffer from some brokenness for that reason). But
I would suggest for both cases (tcg and kvm) to temporarily provide
stubs/placeholders instead of keeping the central #ifdefs.

Jan