Amber Philman
Kennedy Space Center, Fla.
321-867-2468
amber.n.philman@nasa.gov

STATUS REPORT: ARES-I-X-110609

ARES I-X STATUS REPORT

Launch Vehicle: Ares I-X
Launched: Oct. 28
Launch Pad: 39B at NASA's Kennedy Space Center, Fla.

Upcoming Key Milestones
- Dec. -- 30 day update briefing

Ares I-X Flight Hardware
- Booster was delivered to Hanger AF at Cape Canaveral Air Force
Station for inspections and processing
- Batteries disconnected
- Data recorder and high speed video camera removed
- Thrust Vector Control depressurized
- Parachutes are being evaluated
- Development Flight Instrumentation evaluations complete

Ares I-X Ground Support Equipment
- At Launch Pad 39B, post launch evaluations completed

The Ares I-X flight test will provide NASA an early opportunity to
check and prove hardware, analysis and modeling methods, and
facilities and ground operations needed to develop the NASA's next
crew launch vehicle.

For more information about the Ares I-X flight test, visit:

http://www.nasa.gov/aresIX

Previous status reports are available at:

http://www.nasa.gov/centers/kennedy/moonandmars/status/index.html

-end-

ksc-subscribe@newsletters.nasa.gov