Re: [RFC] Simplifying kernel configuration for distro issues

On Fri, Jul 13, 2012 at 11:02 PM, Dave Jones <davej@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I wish defconfig was actually something useful like this, instead of..
> what the hell is it exactly ? No-one even seems to agree, other than
> "random selection of options, many of which were removed n years ago"

It's just to difficult to update them in a sane way.

I mean, I have my own set of defconfigs for all supported m68k-platforms,
but getting them in sync and ready for submitting an update seems to be a
multi-year project, and there are always more important (and more fun) things
to do. So that's why I haven't gotten to updating them since the defconfig
reduction.

Gr{oetje,eeting}s,

                        Geert

                                -- Linus Torvalds