Re: Kmail can't send any email after upgrade to 12.04 ! (window becomes grey ) Do you reproduce it ?
[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
- To: kde@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: Kmail can't send any email after upgrade to 12.04 ! (window becomes grey ) Do you reproduce it ?
- From: Lex Middelberg <lex@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Tue, 22 May 2012 08:08:46 +0200
- In-reply-to: <email@example.com>
- Organization: Von Clausewitz CSM (Pty) Ltd
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Reply-to: kde@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Sender: kde-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- User-agent: KMail/4.8.2 (Linux/3.2.0-24-generic; KDE/4.8.2; x86_64; ; )
On Monday 21 May 2012 12:00:44 kde-request@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> Message: 3
> Date: Sun, 20 May 2012 21:27:39 +0100
> From: "Maxime. Haselbauer" <maxime.haselbauer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> To: kde@xxxxxxxxxxxx
> Subject: Kmail can't send any email after upgrade to 12.04 !
> (window becomes grey ) Do you reproduce it ?
> Hi there
> I can't send any email anymore since upgrade to Kubuntu 12.04
> I had 11.10 with KDE 4.8.2 already and it (sort of) used to worked before.
> I think it is related to a bug I already reported under 11.10 :
> Basically when I click on send (no matter which of my 3 identities I am
> using and no matter on or offline) the window will become grey. And you
> wait and wait and...wait.
> And you will have to close the window with the cross which will detele your
You are lucky, you can close the window, I can't even do that. Kmail dies and
can't be restarted, I do a full reboot to get working again.
> Does anyone reproduce it?
Yes, my system started doing this about a week ago, maybe it was a software
upgrade that happened then.
> Does anyone has a workaround?
I have found that when I work on an email for a long time and leave it open
for a while because I need to think about and edit the contents (say an hour
or so), this happens. It doesn't happen to emails I type and send out
> If you do reproduce it leave a post on BKO
> It is very critical....
This message is from the kde mailing list.
Account management: https://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/kde.
More info: http://www.kde.org/faq.html.
[Red Hat Install]
[GIMP for Windows]
[Red Hat Development]