Amarokusers: Lost of id3tag I think it might affect you too, It.might be worth reading
[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
I have found a bug that might affect you too.
After a reimport of my collection I once noticed that a lot of my id3tag changed in amarok have not been saved. (https://bugs.kde.org/show_bug.cgi?id=295496)
I investigated further and I think I recently found the reason why.
The theory is: for some reasons, some of the mp3 files in my collection do have nothing in the artist and title fields of the id3 tag ( You can see it with the programm kid3)
1) When amarok build the collection the first time, it guess the tag from the filename -> which is fine
2) Then you will change the medata from within amarok -> it will appear as changed in amarok also you won't worry about it
3) The bug is however that the change is not saved inside the file, but only in amarok's own database
4) Hence when you will rebuild your collection one day, all files that previously had nothing in their artist/title field still have nothing and amarok will reguess their metadta, hence loosing all changes you made. (for those one files only)
If the file already has a artist/title in its tag when amarok scans it, then saving the change apparently works well. From my experience of grabing mp3's there and here (won't tell you where, no :p ) the concerning files are about 20-30 percent of a collection. (i.e with nothing in the artist/title field)
- Does anyone manage to reproduce it ? (use kid3 to see the exact id3tag as stored in a mp3 file) Be careful if you try to rebuild all your collection ! If the bug appear you could loose some information!
- If someone reproduces it or has some precisions then
- 2.1) Please leave a comment on https://bugs.kde.org/show_bug.cgi?id=295496 so, that we hopefully get a fix for amarok 2.6!
- 2.2) Please leave an answer to this email, to let other users know about it, and to let them know that they should never ever rebuild the collection as long as it is not fixed !
This message is from the kde mailing list.
Account management: https://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/kde.
More info: http://www.kde.org/faq.html.
[Red Hat Install]
[GIMP for Windows]
[Red Hat Development]