Re: Clear KDE

On 31/03/12 11:51, Duncan wrote:
[...]
The kde colorscheme settings have an option to use them for non-kde apps
as well, and with it checked gtk apps fit in well /enough/ for me.  I'd
prefer to have actually workable qt-based or kde apps instead, but for
the above, the gtk-based options are clearly better, so that's what I'm
using.

In case you missed it, you should install the Gtk port of Oxygen: x11-themes/oxygen-gtk (and x11-themes/oxygen-gtk3 in case you need Gtk 3 later.) This isn't a "fake" theme btw. It's a real Gtk engine and pretty much the official Gtk port of KDE's Oxygen style.

Then, to enable Oxygen for Gtk 3 apps, create the file ~/.config/gtk-3.0/settings.ini and put this in it:

  [Settings]
  gtk-theme-name = oxygen-gtk

For Gtk 2 apps, use this as your ~/.gtkrc-2.0:

  include "/usr/share/themes/oxygen-gtk/gtk-2.0/gtkrc"
  include "/etc/gtk-2.0/gtkrc"
  gtk-theme-name="oxygen-gtk"
  gtk-icon-theme-name="oxygen"
  gtk-fallback-icon-theme="oxygen"

Now Gtk applications will use Oxygen style widgets.

For Firefox, I recommend this:

  http://kde-look.org/content/show.php?content=117962