Re: KDE 4.8.1 doing strange things with some applications

On Tue, 20 Mar 2012 21:05:48 +0100
Kevin Krammer <krammer@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Tuesday, 2012-03-20, pete wrote:
> > Hi ..
> >
> > I am having a few strange interactions here with KDE4.8.1  i use
> > claws mail for the simple reason Kmail has caused me too much hassle
> > recently  ,
> >
> >  all was well untill the update to KDE 4.8.1 then every time
> > i send a mail it closes claws down if i open a compose window then
> > think dont bother and close the window the entire claws vanishes
> > Claws mail is version 3.8.0 on Arch Linux as in sig block below
>
> Have you tried starting claws from a console window?
> Certain "closing" could be the effect of the application crashing.
>
> Cheers,
> Kevin

Just found it also happens with Bluefish  close an unwanted page bang
gone completely

So is it a GTK /KDE thing or a GTK / X thing ..

Pete .

--
Linux 7-of-9 3.2.11-1-ARCH #1 SMP PREEMPT Thu Mar 15 09:19:02 CET 2012
x86_64 AMD Phenom(tm) 9600B Quad-Core Processor AuthenticAMD GNU/Linux