Re: [Okular-devel] [Bug 267350] filling out a PDF form saves data to some file i ~/.kde/share/apps/okular/docdata/
[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
- To: Okular development <okular-devel@xxxxxxx>, kde@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: [Okular-devel] [Bug 267350] filling out a PDF form saves data to some file i ~/.kde/share/apps/okular/docdata/
- From: Dan Armbrust <daniel.armbrust.list@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Tue, 10 Jan 2012 16:28:06 -0600
- Authentication-results: postbox.kde.org; dkim=pass (1024-bit key) email@example.com; dkim-adsp=none
- In-reply-to: <1422317.uhDR03qJXe@xps>
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org/> <2431204.aFqAnW8Meg@xps> <CAKGC1nhS4FBbx6XmP8j=1Dr7tihJiy4cdav1qngmCLMj=S8b_A@mail.gmail.com> <1422317.uhDR03qJXe@xps>
- Reply-to: kde@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Sender: kde-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On Tue, Jan 10, 2012 at 3:56 PM, Albert Astals Cid <aacid@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> Want me to unsubscribe you from the list? Reached this point in what the only
> thing you want to do is harass me i think it is the only sensible thing to do.
Now _there_ is a mature response. Users report a serious data
security issue with product. Developers stick their fingers in their
ears and go "la la la".
Users get annoyed with developers, toss a mild insult their way to get
their attention, and developers just silence the users. Go back to
sticking their fingers in their ears and going "la la la".
The _sensible_ thing for you to do is say "Thanks for reporting this
security issue! Sorry we missed it / didn't think about that."
Instead, you continue to pretend the problem doesn't exist.
Any any computer in the world that is configured as a public terminal
- say - in a library - where people download tax forms, fill them in
and print them continues to dump peoples personal data into a clear
text file, without their knowledge or authorization. And anyone else
can come along and take that information.
Good job. Hope you are proud of yourselves. If you get satisfaction
over ejecting me from the mailing list for pointing out the absurdity
of your position, have fun.
This message is from the kde mailing list.
Account management: https://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/kde.
More info: http://www.kde.org/faq.html.
[Red Hat Install]
[GIMP for Windows]
[Red Hat Development]