Re: Icons in Dolphin are jumping around

On 01/06/2012 01:13 AM, Jerome Yuzyk wrote:

On Thursday, January 05, 2012 12:41:01 PM Nikos Chantziaras
<realnc@xxxxxxxx>  wrote:
I installed KDE 4.8 RC2.  I previously had 4.7.4.  I've hit some
extremely annoying behavior in the new version: when I enter a new
directory in Dolphin or delete (or create) new files, the existing file
icons jump around.  I've only used the new version for an hour or so,
but I'm already on the brink of shooting myself in the head.  I value my
head, so for now I stopped using Dolphin and do my work in Midnight
Commander in a terminal.

I've searched all the Dolphin settings, but I can't find a way to
disable the jumping icons.  I really hope there's some way to disable
them?

By "jumping around" do you mean the list constantly refreshes itself?

No. I mean that Dolphin now doesn't simply move icons around, but animates them. Apparently it thinks I want to play Super Mario Bros :-/

For example, if you resize Dolphin's window, obviously icons need to move around to accommodate the new window dimensions. In 4.7.4, the icons would snap to their new positions. Now, they animate there. They actually really move and jump around to their new location. Yes, it really looks like Super Mario jumping around. And it's incredibly annoying.