Disable notification in a given activity?

I was hoping to have a plasma activity setup for presentations in which
notifications are disabled. However, I learn that one cannot have separate
panels per activity and as a consequence, when i disable notifications, they
are disabled across all activities.

So... as the subject asks, how do i disable notifications only in a given
activity?
--
Cheers!
Kishore