Re: file indexing under KDE 4.7.3

On Tue, 22 Nov 2011 15:27:13 +0530, Thomas Olsen <thomas@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> it has stopped re-indexing my music collection all the time.
> Unfortunately it has also stopped working from krunner, so it's not
> really
> that useful...

strange, for me krunner still shows nepomuk search results. you didn't
disable the krunner plugin, did you?
Nope. It's enabled. Don't know if I have to recreate the database somehow.

i did just that recently, deleted my whole nepomuk repository. i shifted files around across partitions for backup purposes, ending up with a different set of them in the actual ~/ directory. nepomuk kept the old index but started adding the "new" files on top, so i thought it better to start over with a new index.

do you get useful results when searching via dolphin? if yes, i don't see why the same results shouldn't pop up in krunner -- unless that's broken for some reason.

my version of kdebase4-workspace, from openSUSE K:D:F repo, is 4.7.3-694.1 , us your's the same?

--
phani.