kmail expiry question

Greetings;

I just discovered that at least one folder that I had a 20 day setting for
expire, had not been expired since back in June, so a folder that should
have had 3 to 5k message in it actually had 20k & change, making kmail
slow.  I fooled around and finally got that folder and a couple more to
expire by hand, but I thought this was supposed to be automatic.

Is there some other setting someplace that disables the expiry?  My sort
filters do not set anything special in flags according to the settings
screen.

This is kmail from a 32 bit kde-4.6.5 install on pclos-2011.

Thanks.

Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)
If it ain't baroque, don't phiques it.