kdb on FC4....

On Mon, 22 Aug 2005 00:20:03 -0700,
Aravind Parchuri <aravind.parchuri at gmail.com> wrote:
>I am trying to recompile an FC4 release kernel with kdb patched in and
>enabled, but I keep running into all sorts of errors. I was wondering if
>anyone had managed to get kdb up and running on a Fedora Core 4 kernel -
>either the release kernel or an update. Unfortunately, we need to use an
>FC4 installation for this product.

I feel your pain, but RedHat do not want KDB.  Which means that SGI
does not support KDB on any RedHat distribution.  SuSE support KDB.

When you say that you have to use an FC4 installation, does it have to
be an FC4 kernel?  It is trivial to use FC4 in user space and to build
your own kernel, using one of Linus's kernels plus the corresponding
KDB patch.  My laptop runs FC4 in user space, but the kernel is Linus's
2.6.13-rc3 + kdb.