Anybody know whether or not kdb supports x86_64(for instance, ia32e) platform now?Thanx.

On Wed, Nov 03, 2004 at 01:58:54PM +1100, Keith Owens wrote:
> On Tue, 02 Nov 2004 16:33:37 -0700,
> Steven Dake <sdake at mvista.com> wrote:
> >Keith & Jack,
> >
> >I am going to backport the kdb x86_64 patch to the 2.4 kernel.  Any tips
> >on what might not work with the kdb 4.3 patch (last 2.4 kernel patch)
> >with 4.4 x86_64 backported?
>
> The main differences between v4.3 and v4.4 (IOW why I bumped the version number)
>
> * v4.4 no longer prints all tasks by default.  It suppresses Idle and
>   system daeMon tasks, they are assumed to be irrelevant to most
>   debugging.  Should not affect any architecture.
>
> * The serial console sequence changed from control-A to escape-KDB.
>   Should not affect any architecture unless you were already using a
>   different sequence.
>
> * Make set NOSECT=1 the default.  2.6 kernels do not have the data
>   required for useful section data, 2.4 kernels still do.
>
> * Add standard archkdb commands.
>
> * Big clean up and reorganisation of include/linux/{kdb,kdbprivate}.h,
>   with adjustments to include/asm-*/{kdb,kdbprivate}.h to suit.
>
> * Move bfd.h and ansidecl.h from arch/$(ARCH)/kdb to
>   include/asm-$(ARCH) and remove -I arch/$(ARCH)/kdb from Makefiles.
>
> * Move kdb_{get,put}userarea_size definitions to linux/kdb.h.
>
> The last three are the ones most likely to impact your backport.

I'm not sure if i have all the context of this email correct, if
you mean you want to port the patch I did for the x86_64 architecture
on the 2.6 kernel to 2.4 then its wrong-headed. There exists my
patch for the 2.4.25 kernel that Keith has in the 4.3 directory.

Is there some feature that it doesnt have you want?

The code for 2.6 uses kernel hooks that are not in the 2.4 kernel,
if they were I would probably port back that code myself :)

The existing 2.4 patch could still be polished more I suppose but
its not like a port is needed.

Jack