KDB Keyboard Freeze Patch

On Tue, 17 Dec 2002 13:53:12 +0500,
Ashish Kalra <ashishk at caldera.com> wrote:
>I am including a patch for kdb-v1.9-2.4.13, which disables OBF interrupts on
>local processor at kdb entry point, and re-enables OBF interrupts at exit
>point,
>which seems to solve this keyboard freeze issue. In my opinion this is a
>generic solution which should work on all keyboard controllers with this kind
>of behaviour.

Thanks, I will port that to the latest version of kdb when I get back
from holidays.

>I have also noticed that using "ssb" command on KDB, causes a complete system
>freeze. I will be grateful if you can let us know if this is a known issue and
>if any patch is available for it.

Single stepping over instructions that save or restore the flags does
not work.  This includes pushf, popf, ret, iret, cli, sti.  You may be
hitting that restriction.  More likely you are hitting one of the
several single step bugs that have been fixed in the recent versions of
kdb, the latest is kdb-v2.5-2.4.20, v1.9-2.4.13 is quite old.

[Index of Archives]     [Linux Kernel Development]     [Linux Kernel Newbies]     [Linux USB Development]     [Linux Audio Users]     [Yosemite News]     [Linux SCSI]