Re: Multiple connection - login

Any of login's can renegotiate any parameter that is not called-out specifically as being "leading-only".
For the "standard keys" as defined in 3270  that is an empty set (all the session-wide keys are LO) but newly defined keys and vendor specific  parameters might be renegotiable with every new connection or even during the life of a connection.

Julo

From: "Deuskar, Prafulla" <prafulla.deuskar@xxxxxxxxx>
To: <ips@xxxxxxxx>
Date: 19/09/07 14:12
Subject: Multiple connection - login

All,

Section 3.2.3 of RFC says that:

"The purpose of the iSCSI login is to enable a TCP connection for
iSCSI use, authentication of the parties, negotiation of the
session's parameters and marking of the connection as belonging to an
iSCSI session."

When we do a login for non-leading connection do we renegotiate session
parameters?

Thanks,
Prafulla