RE: iSCSI protocol - use of SendTargets

Hi all,

I apologize for asking such basic question on this mailing list. I would read the iSCSI RFC 3720 by myself.

I thought of sharing and gaining knowledge through this mailing list faster, but now I understand it may not be the perfect for starters.

Thanks a lot for your the kind support, suggestions and information.

Regards,
Parav Pandit

Julian Satran <Julian_Satran@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hard to comment on your statement. Sounds more like a group "denigration" of the authors - and I don't know about any of us doing what you suggest.
I am a bit uneasy about this statement - to say the least.

Julo

"Sandars, Ken" <ken_sandars@xxxxxxxxxxx>
02/07/07 00:35
Julian Satran/Haifa/IBM@IBMIL, "Eddy Quicksall" <Quicksall_iSCSI@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
cc
<ips@xxxxxxxx>, "Parav Pandit" <paravpandit@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject
RE: iSCSI protocol - use of SendTargets

Hi Julo,

I don't know how many third party iSCSI 'Big Dummies' guides are out there, however, since RFC3720 succinctly describes the fundamentals of the iSCSI model I recommended that as the first choice.

I'd have no objection if the author of RFC3720 wanted to advertise his publication here! ;-)

Cheers
Ken