RE: FW: Recent comments about FCoE and iSCSI

There are many customer fabrics running at 1000 ports or greater, as a single fabric.

From: Julian Satran [mailto:Julian_Satran@xxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Thursday, April 26, 2007 12:35 PM
To: Silvano Gai
Cc: ips@xxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: FW: Recent comments about FCoE and iSCSI

My question was specific - and with a reason. Julo

"Silvano Gai" <sgai@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

26/04/07 14:33

Julian Satran/Haifa/IBM@IBMIL
cc
<ips@xxxxxxxx>
Subject
RE: FW: Recent comments about FCoE and iSCSI

Julo,

I am not sure what you are asking for.
Are you asking for a reference to a 1,000+ port SAN?
Today there are multiple FC switches on the market with 256 ports.
With six switches it is easy to realize a 1,000+ port SAN?

Are you trying to tell me that 6 FC switches cannot be connected together?

-- Silvano

Re: FW: Recent comments about FCoE and iSCSI

Please send this community a reference of a 1000+ node datacenter using FCP as a single fabric.

Julo

"Silvano Gai" <sgai@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

26/04/07 13:26

<ips@xxxxxxxx>
cc

Subject
Re: FW: Recent comments about FCoE and iSCSI