Re: T10 data protection and iSCSI

Hi:

Thanks everyone for the guidance and pointers.

To summarize, T10 is a mechanism to ensure the integrity of data
read/written from/to the storage device. iSCSI is just *a* transport
mechanism to carry the data between initiator and target.

A followup question:
I understand that T10 mechanism adds extra 8 bytes to 512 byte block.
This operation is done before data is actually written to the storage
device (at the target in iSCSI terminology). Is this understanding
correct?

Thanks again,
Vishal.