Re: Response Fence Flag

Very good point. Indeed ordered tag insure similar properties with two caveats:

SCSI folks may want to pitch in as I have only second-guessed them and may be wrong.

Julo

"Eddy Quicksall" <Quicksall_iSCSI@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

06/01/07 12:25

<ips@xxxxxxxx>, Julian Satran/Haifa/IBM@IBMIL
cc
Subject
Re: Response Fence Flag

>>The way all the application handle cases when the start of some SCSI
>>command has to follow the end of a previous set of operations is to just
>>wait for the end of the operations before issuing the "dependent commands".

This is not to object to your observation but wouldn't ordered tags were used for the above purpose?

Eddy