Re: TargetAddress used in discovery without a SendTargets

It does do any harm. TargetName is mandated if you name things to validate that you got where you intended but why forbit it if it does no harm.

Julo

"Eddy Quicksall" <eddy_quicksall_iVivity_iSCSI@Comcast.net>

25/05/06 17:43

"William Studenmund" <wrstuden@wasabisystems.com>
cc
ips@ietf.org
Subject
Re: TargetAddress used in discovery without a SendTargets

I realize the confusion ... I was not really clear. Here is the case: the initiator logs in with SessionType=Discovery and does not specify a TargetName but before the login is complete the "target" (which has not been named) sends the TargetName. The spec does not prohibit this. My question is: was this intended?

Eddy