Device reordering on iscsi restart

I'm just trying to get my head around iscsi.conf, playing with ACL on the
store etc.

Unless I'm mistaken, iscsid assigns accessible shares it see to the next
available SCSI device /dev/sdc, sdd etc. in the order that it sees them.
If someone adds another share, or the access control changes either end
so that one is no longer seen, then the devices may be reordered next
time the system is restarted. Even if nothing has changed on the system,
but someone added a share to the store for a totally different purpose
and left the access open.

I was playing with mounting the share by disklabel, and ran into another
snag. Right now, our Sun store is on 2 different VLANs and so's the
computer; it sees each share advertised twice with the same IQN on
different ip addresses. Mounting by label fails because there are two
disks with the same label. The Sun device doesn't seem to have
accessible firewall settings to stop this. I can block it on the
initiator but that seems a bit of a kludge.

Does anyone else have this problem, or a good solution ?

(RHEL 4.6)

--
Andrew Daviel, TRIUMF, Canada
Tel. +1 (604) 222-7376  (Pacific Time)