problem with cluster nodes running iscsi on RHEL 4

Dear all,

Currently we are evaluating the GFS-1  SAN on RHEL4.

In our current setup we are having two cluster nodes, attached with two storage node through Ethernet switch.

On storage nodes we are running the DRBD and heartbeat services.

Every thing is working fine except the following problem in our setup during failover testing:

during failover testing to check the iscsi we stop the iscsi service on cluster node. when we restart the service initiator service fails to reconnect. My understanding is that the iSCSI initiator and iSCSI-target negotiate the connection parameters through a connection ID which changes every time we connect an iSCSI initiator service to a target.

do anyone know how we can do this without restarting the cluster node.

Regards,

Sumit Suri

Prologix Software Solutions Pvt. Ltd.