Re: resizing linux iscsi dev

Chris Duncan wrote:
> Does anyone know how to resize an iscsi dev? I have a system serving
> iscsi that I extended the size on. I had to restart iscsi service for it

If you are using linux-iscsi, you can just run iscsi_rescan (not sure
the name right now, but if you look at the /etc/init.d/iscsi script in
the restart section it will call the rescan script).

> to see the new size but when I mount it I still show the old size. Any
> ideas? I didn't see anything usefull in fdisk.

In older kernels I do not think the block layer will update the size. So
you might have to unmount the FS, delete the device (echo 1 >
/sys/block/sdX/device/delete), then rediscovery it by running iscsi_rescan.