Re: Authentication

Am Mittwoch, den 26.07.2006, 15:32 +0800 schrieb Ben Mok:
> Hi,
>
> I have setup iscsi-initiator-utils-4.0.3.0-3 and iscsitarget-0.4.13 on
> CentOS4.3. I want to have authentication  on a per discovery
> address basis, unfortunately the connection failed. The target can be
> connected from MS Windows Initiator with user name and
> password. Any wrong for their configuration ? The config file are
> listed below.
>
> /etc/iscsi.conf in Initiator Node:
>
> DiscoveryAddress=10.10.10.2
>  IncomingUsername=test
>  IncomingPassword=test123
>
> /etc/iet.conf in Target Node:
>
> Target iqn.2006-07.com:storage.disk1
>         IncomingUser test test123
>         Lun 0 Path=/dev/sdc1,Type=fileio

There's several problems with your setup:
1) the initiator needs to have Outgoing{Username,Password} set,
otherwise authentication won't work at all - your log output should've
told you that already.
2) Username/Password setup:
   Initiator Outgoing == Target Incoming,
   Target Outgoing    == Initiator Incoming
3) You didn't specify any discovery users/passwords in your ietd.conf,
so auth. during discovery will fail. They have to be set outside any
"Target" section. See the ietd.conf(5) man page or the example ietd.conf
in the source tarball for details.

You'll also need to find out if your linux-iscsi setup of discovery
authentication implies authentication during iSCSI session
establishment, i.e. whether you need to specify Incoming/Outgoing
credentials in your ietd.conf's Target section(s). I seem to recall that
it doesn't, but don't quote me on that. The comments in your initiator's
iscsi.conf file or the accompanying documentation should tell you.

HTH,
Arne

--
Arne Redlich