Re: iscsi-initiator-utils

Maarten van Lieshout wrote:
On Mon, 2005-12-05 at 11:27 -0600, Mike Christie wrote:

Maarten van Lieshout wrote:
Thanks for the answer, it works now!

But now I've got an other problem, the udev-stuff. I really don't know how to write a rule for the iscsi-drives so they will be mounted on the same place after a server reboot.

I've read:

   http://gentoo-wiki.com/HOWTO_Customizing_UDEV

Are there examples of udev-rules for iscsi-drives??

There is but you may have to look at SUSE SLES 9 to find them. It really may be better to just use what nornal scsi (SPI, FC, whatever) drives use.

Ok, I've looked at SUSE SLES 9 and found this:

BUS="scsi", PROGRAM="/sbin/udev.get_persistent_device_name.sh", NAME="%k" SYMLINK="%c{1+}"

It does seem to work, but at startup, it starts complaining that the superblock on /dev/sda, /dev/sdb and /dev/sdc could not be read and prompts for a fsck. I've added the iscsi-drives to /etc/fstab like this:

  /dev/sda               /mnt/iscsi_vol0         ext3    _netdev         1 1
  /dev/sdb               /mnt/iscsi_vol1         ext3    _netdev         1 1
  /dev/sdc               /mnt/iscsi_vol2         ext3    _netdev         1 1

When I boot with the above mentioned lines commented out and do a manual mount of these drives, it does work.

Btw, what did you mean with that last line. How would I use what normal scsi drivers use??

Oh I just meant to use the default scsi rule like what you are doing rather than define special iscsi ones. In SLES 9 and older versions of linux-iscsi, there was a iscsi_sfnet udev rule which named iscsi_sfnet devices a differently.