Re: iscsi-initiator-utils

Thanks for the answer, it works now!

But now I've got an other problem, the udev-stuff. I really don't know how to write a rule for the iscsi-drives so they will be mounted on the same place after a server reboot.

I've read:

   http://gentoo-wiki.com/HOWTO_Customizing_UDEV

Are there examples of udev-rules for iscsi-drives??

regards,

--
Maarten

On Tue, 2005-11-29 at 20:19 -0600, Mike Christie wrote:
Maarten van Lieshout wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Is there a reason why the iscsi-initiator-utils from RHEL 4.2 differ

yes.

> from the original linux-iscsi one? I miss the mount-all and umount-all
> scripts. Without these, how can you safely reboot your server???

Read the README referenced in the release notes or included with the rpm
or in the RH KB.

here is a uptodate copy
http://people.redhat.com/mchristi/iscsi/RHEL4/doc/readme

  You're
> going to run into problems if you reboot your server without first
> umounting the iscsi-drives.

You shouldn't. If you set the iscsi devs in the fstab with _netdev then
you should be fine.