Re: How can I use this?

On Thu, 2005-11-10 at 21:08 -0500, kent wrote:
> I was searching on the Internet and found that Fedora Core 4 offers a
> kernel that supports GFS.
> Let me see if I understand what I need to test this out.
>
> The system managing the storage backend needs to run a GFS file system
> and iscsi target.
Not necessarily, see below.

> Client systems need to just run the iscsi client to use the GFS system
> or do they also need use a modified kernel?

The client systems need to be capable of mounting filesystems of type
GFS.  The server does not need to be GFS aware IF the iscsi target
system will not be writing to the iscsi GFS target.  I do not think your
target will need to write to itself, most do not.

> Thanks.
>
> Kent N
>
> On Tue, 2005-11-08 at 21:46 -0600, Mike Christie wrote:
> > Dominik L. Borkowski wrote:

> > > You should be looking more at GFS or AFS, not iscsi.
> >
> > RedHat's GFS? It can work over iscsi.

Thank-you,

Richard James Blundell II
Internet Engineer

Telepacket, Inc.
27455 Tierra Alta Way, Suite A. Temecula, CA 92590
Direct:(714)263-9090 Mobile:(951)757-5899 Fax:(714)263-9001
E-Mail: rblundell@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Please note that:
This email message may contain confidential and privileged information
and is intended to be for the use of the individual or entity named
above. If you are not the intended recipient, be aware that any
disclosure, copying, distribution, or use of the content of this message
is prohibited. If you have received this message in error, please reply
by email and delete the material from your computer.