Fw: iSCSI and LVM

Yes it works like you said :-) !
The only thing I added is "sleep 6" after iscsid starts.

To stop:

iscsi-umountall
vgchange -a n
iscsi stop

To start:

iscsid
sleep 6
vgscan
sleep 3
vgchange -a y
sleep 3
iscsi-mounall

Thanks a lot for your help.
Rgds
Sabrina
----- Forwarded by Sabrina Lautier/NCE/AMADEUS on 29/09/2005 16:43 -----

                                      dom@xxxxxxxxxx
                                                                        cc
                                      linux-iscsi-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
                                      net,
                                      linux-iscsi-users-admin@xxxxxxxxxxxx
    Sabrina Lautier                   forge.net
    <slautier@xxxxxxxxxxx>

                                                                   Subject
    Sent by:                          Re:  iSCSI and
    linux-iscsi-users-admin@l         LVM
    ists.sourceforge.net
    28/09/2005 15:09

> Why would you want to stop iscsi before unmounting the filesystem and
turning off the vg?
No that's not what I wand to do neither what I did.
The iscsi start/stop script (/etc/init.d/iscsi) mount/umount
(iscsi-umountall) the filesystems located in /etc/fstab.iscsi.

$ cat /etc/init.d/iscsi
|  start)
|        # if we have an iSCSI fstab, process it
|        if [ -f /etc/fstab.iscsi ] ; then
|            echo -n " fsck/mount "
|            sleep 6
|            iscsi-mountall
|        fi
|
|        rc_status -v
|
|        ;;
|  stop)
|         echo -n "Stopping iSCSI:"
|
|         echo -n " sync"
|         sync
|
|         # unmount all filesystems on iSCSI devices
|         echo -n " umount"
|         iscsi-umountall -t -k
|         ;;

I removed the iscsi-mountall command from the start script and tried to
mount it manually but it failed...

$ /etc/init.d/iscsi start
| Starting iSCSI: iscsi iscsid
| done

$ vgscan
| Reading all physical volumes. This may take a while...
| /dev/sdd: read failed after 0 of 4096 at 0: Input/output error
| /dev/sdd: read failed after 0 of 4096 at 5242814464: Input/output error
| /dev/sdd: read failed after 0 of 4096 at 0: Input/output error
| No volume groups found

$ vgchange -ay
| /dev/sdd: read failed after 0 of 4096 at 0: Input/output error
| No volume groups found

LVM doesn't seem to like device node changes...

Rgds,
Sabrina

                                      linux-iscsi-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
                                      net
                                                                        cc

    "Dominik L. Borkowski"
    <dom@xxxxxxxxxx>                                               Subject
                                      Re:  iSCSI and
                                      LVM
    Sent by:
    linux-iscsi-users-admin@l
    ists.sourceforge.net
    28/09/2005 13:13

On Wednesday 28 September 2005 06:41 am, Sabrina Lautier wrote:

> $ iscsi-mountall
>
> So far everything is fine.
>
> # Stop iscsi driver
> $ /etc/init.d/iscsi stop

Why would you want to stop iscsi before unmounting the filesystem and
turning
off the vg?

umount first
vgchange -a n
iscsi stop

to start:

iscsi start
vgscan
vgchange -ay
mount your filesystem

Try that. Granted, I have no clue how your scripts are set up, but I'll bet

you this will work.

dom