Re: [linux-iscsi-users] establish_session failed

Mike Christie wrote:
Fredric Isaman wrote:

On Fri, 8 Apr 2005, Mike Christie wrote:

Fredric Isaman wrote:

I get the same results.  Doing just:
service iscsi start
(wait)
service iscsi stop

After 3 minutes, the discovery session logs out,

That part is fine and expected. It should happen for you.

 and then every 3 min.

after that a "connection failed" message is logged.

For some reason some of your sessions are going ok but those two are not. I will revert some more code and post something else to try.

In the past were you using the defualt multipath and failover settings?
What was the last version that worked for you?

kernel 2.6.8.1 with iscsi 4.0.1.7

The iscsi.conf I used with those was simply:

Continuous=no
DiscoveryAddress=10.4.0.2
TargetName=iqn.1992-08.com.netapp:sn.50391891
TargetIPAddress=10.4.0.2/32

ok, have you ever tested portal failover with your setup?

or just try 4.0.1.7 with

Multipath=portal
PortalFailover=no

I know it
sounds dumb, but for my DS300 question on some other thread I guess when we used failover we never noticed a lot of portals were misconfigured so we began seeing the failure messages like yours when failover was removed.

The iscsi.conf I am currently using is the same, but with the last line
commented out.

    Fred