Re: migration and seen flag

On Thu, 5 Jan 2012, Ron Vachiyer wrote:

> I am to work on migrating a very (very) old install using 2.1.17.  The
> seen information seems to be stored in a
> /var/lib/imap/user/xx/xxx/xxx.seen file. How can I migrate this seen
> info to a 2.4.13 install?
>
> I thought of using imapsync to move the mailspool, which works, however
> some mailboxes are 10 Gigs and this process is much slower than
> scp/rsync of the files followed by a reconstruct.  The only lost data
> seems to be the seen information and I have searched to find a way to
> migrate it.  Any tips?

Do you know what format the seen files are in on the old server?  I think
you should be able to copy them across with the rest of the mail spool
using rsync, but the default database format for seen might have changed.
The default in 2.4 appears to be skiplist.

Check the setting seenstate_db in imapd.conf.

 	Andy
----