Re: Frontend cannot create sub-level mailbox

Some upgrades:
I tried to reinstall everything splitting the frontend and the Mupdate
server in two different PC.
I Installed the 2.3.16 version of Cyrus Imap, because i saw is
functioning for someone.
I replicated the same confirguration as mentioned in my precedent posts
and everything is working, so i can create sublevel mailbox from my Imap
client.
So, my problem may be caused:
- or by a configuration mistake setting a frontend as a mupdate server
- or by a problem in the current version of Cyrus Imap (but i believe it
is unlikely)
Tomorrow I'll install the current version in the working environment, so
I'll have an answer.
Suggestions are welcome...
Bye

Roberto

Il 18/10/2011 17:52, Roberto Bartali ha scritto:
> Hi and thank you for the reply
> I activated telemetry logging for proxyservers Sasl user (master in my
> case) but backend doesn't get any log message.
> The strange thing is that the error message in frontend imapd.log
> doesn't speak about permission or authorization problems bat about
> mailbox name.
> Infact it says "IOERROR: Mailbox name too long
> (user.roberto02.testing)", but the name seems to be correct....
>
> Roberto
>
> Il 17/10/2011 14:44, Michael Menge ha scritto:
>> Hi,
>>

>> Quoting Roberto Bartali <bartali@xxxxxxxx>:
>>

>>> As you can see it seems that only frontend give the error so probably i
>>> didn't transmit the CREATE command to the backend.
>>> I hope someone can Help me.....
>>> Thank you in advance
>>>
>> It could be the mupdate server that denies the name.
>> You could activate telemetry log for murder.

>> M.Menge                                Tel.: (49) 7071/29-70316
>> Universität Tübingen                   Fax.: (49) 7071/29-5912
>> Zentrum für Datenverarbeitung          mail:
>> michael.menge@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>> Wächterstraße 76
>> 72074 Tübingen
>>

>> ----
>> Cyrus Home Page: http://www.cyrusimap.org/

*Roberto Bartali*
Servizio reti, sistemi e sicurezza informatica
Via Bandini, 25
53100 - SIENA
E-mail: bartali@xxxxxxxx <mailto:bartali@xxxxxxxx>
Tel. +39 0577 23(2189)