Re: Two official work languages is smarter (was Re: IETF working language

    > another. Superhuman speed ('the ekr') is a third.

The EKR problem is not speed, but rather buffer overrun followed by
repeated re-transmissions using some kind multipath tcp.

I find mumbling/lack of articulation among all speakers (both foreign and
native) to be a bigger challenge to understanding.

While I do computer work regularly in french and with francophones,
I've discovered that few native quebecois know what a clavier is.
"le keyboard" is what is used regularly.  Aside from a few nice phrases whose
nuance is lost ("j'ai d'autra chats a fouetter"), there is little to gain
From being multilingual, and much to lose.

--
Michael Richardson <mcr+IETF@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, Sandelman Software Works
 -= IPv6 IoT consulting for hire =-