Re: Clarifying IETF process [Was: A private club]

Ted Lemon <ted.lemon@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Feb 27, 2014, at 7:53 PM, John Leslie <john@xxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>> But _my_ question is, why does the "IETF" need to filter out the
>> "kooks?"
>
> Because they burn our most precious resource: the time of active
> contributors.

   Hi, Ted!

> Of course, there is no way to filter out kooks, so the point is moot,

   I couldn't have said it better!

> but you asked, and that's why.

   Apparently, there's a logical step in there which I missed... :^(

   Somebody help me, please: If the time of active contributors is a
precious resource, isn't the obvious solution to encourage more folks
to _become_ active contributors?

--
John Leslie <john@xxxxxxx>