RE: Policy of WG chairs in organising time for presentations and face2face discussions

At 12:49 AM 2/24/2014, l.wood@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
Abdussalam

you write:
> I suggest in London that you assign only maximum 10 minutes present per WG draft and maximum 5 minute for individual draft (as limit policy). > We need to use more input and have more face2face (F2F) discussion in our meeting.

How many IETF meetings have you attended, and what experience do you base this recommendation on?

further, what if there are only two IDs active in a WG and the chairs were given an hour or two hour slot because there are LOTS of open questions that do not seem to be getting resolved on the mailing list even though there have been a fair amount of discussion on both drafts on the list? Would you still recommend only 30 minutes of total meeting time? Seems like it, or do you give the chairs the discretion to allocate time as they see fit?

James
(been a chair for 9 years)

Lloyd Wood
http://about.me/lloydwood